Sunday, July 25, 2010

ATASDA in Victoria

I think it was early 2009 that I saw an exhibition of textile art by a group belonging to the Australian Textile Arts and Surface Design Association.  I loved the work that I saw and was keen to put my name on a list of interested Victorians.  There was talk of starting up a group here. There are groups in Queensland and New South Wales.  The work showed lots of techniques that I would love to learn about and experiment with.  There is so much to learn and play with.
I did not hear anything for over a year.  It occurred to me occasionally that I had not heard anything but I had not taken down the full name of the group and so did not follow up on the web at all.
Today I received an email, announcing the inaugural meeting on August 8th, at Box Hill.  How exciting!!
If you are interested, here is a link to the group's website.
I hope the group is a go-er.  The meeting is at Box Hill.

No comments: