I wanted to put a piece in the Embroiderers Guild, Victoria (Australia) Annual Members Exhibition.
I looked at quite a few patterns for quilts - couldn't think of anything particularly creative so decided to try a quilt. The theme is Colour Rhapsody, which I haven't really found inspirational.
I decided to try a Modern Quilting idea and spent quite a lot of time going through various colours of fabric that I already have. I was finally working up a colour scheme - but no real idea of what sort of quilt I wanted to make. Then I came across an unfinished quilt top that I had done a while ago. I haven't been inspired to finish it up - until now! It is from the Ricky Timms book of Convergence Quilts.
Seeing I didn't have to make any decisions about colour, I decided to put on a few appliqué musical symbols. The fabric I chose wasn't a great choice- I used Vleisofix but it didn't do a good job and the fabric is also rather easily shredded. So I did a bit of free motion zigzag on top to make it stick. It's not great but I am going to persevere.
I have put on the binding and have yet to sew on a hanging sleeve - the exhibition isn't till October 17th, so I have time to do that - but I'm not going to leave it till the last minute. Things happen and plans go awry.
Here it is - I took the picture before I ironed it! And the image is quite dark, don't know why. You'll have to come to the exhibition to see it properly!
No comments:
Post a Comment