Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Recycling fabrics and clothes

 I was at the Embroiderers Guild, Victoria, Australia last Sunday and was very interested in the displayPresented as part of the PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival’s Fashion Culture Program.

I have some clothes that the moths have loved - almost as much as I have loved them. I have yet to throw them out as I keep thinking I could do something about the holes. So far, I have repaired a few by sewing them with the same coloured thread. I am not good at invisible sewing though, so they aren't my 'good' clothes anymore. 

I am almost ready to try some decorative sewing, seeing that mended clothing is a new trend lately. There were a few that inspired me. 



Plus a couple that used old tablecloths, doilies, handkerchiefs, etc. I have a few of those lying around too - can't bring myself to just throw them away. Some made by my mother, some by me, others unknown source. 



Something to think about. 

There were a lot of other ideas, including stools, seats, toys and soft sculptures. But it was the clothes that took my eye. 


No comments: