Thursday, September 1, 2022

Fabric Collage

 I am trying to get back into some creative work. 

I did a paper collage a while ago and have used that as my inspiration. 

A group I belong to on FaceBook came up with a challenge, based on Place. (Have you noticed how many challenges have had that theme recently??)

This one is based on the very many walks I did along the Yarra River during the several lockdowns we have had. 

I went away for the weekend, taking my sewing machine and a selection of scraps. I had decided that I would just have to make do with what I had, no worrying about something I may have left at home. 

I managed to make a base using what was there, now I am trying to sew over it to make it look more like a drawing or painting. It is a bit of a struggle still, finding the energy to get into the sewing. But I am making some progress.


I have some seriously wrinkled background fabric, due to the uneven thickness of the sewing. I've decided not to worry too much about that at the moment, I'll try to deal with it when I come to mounting it. It will need to be mounted, I think, so I can stretch the background and try to make it less wobbly. 


No comments: