Thursday, May 20, 2021

Trying to work out what I want to do!

 I am trying to get motivated to do a wall hanging. 

There is a call for entries for the AQIPP exhibition later this year. The theme is Where in the World?

Or I may make something for the Alcove Art Shop's winter exhibition. I have nothing new for it, so should get making. 

I thought I would do some grevillea images, using photographs I have taken in the last year, mainly due to the lockdown and lots of local walks. 



I have had the photos printed up bigger and then used a lightbox to trace them. Then I have traced that onto to Vliesofix and ironed it onto some fabric. So far, so good. The images are not very big, so the cutting out has taken a while. It takes up to an hour for each piece. 



They are turning out ok. But ... I don't really have a plan for how I am going to use them. 

I found an old article about doing something similar with a New Zealand plant, each one done on an individual piece of fabric, then put into a lovely design. I did my usual thing of starting without really knowing where I am going, so they may not fit the same size piece of fabric. 

And ... I have a piece that would be ok as a one-piece background. So ... I will continue to cut out some shapes and then decide what to do.



I have found lots of books on the shelf that I haven't used for years. It has been quite good to get them out and see what I might do. But then I get several ideas. Very confusing. 

I have also discovered that quite of few of my old books are about doing daily,  or weekly, or regular exercises to develop my practice. They are actually quite interesting and I have this, very mild, thought that I might try some. 

One other thing that has happened is that I am looking back at things I have tried in the past and am thinking to try some again. This blog is turning out to be invaluable, I have actually recorded some of the processes I have learnt at various classes and am thinking which ones I might try again. 

Therefore, I am going to put up some pictures of where I am at at the moment, even though it is not all that clear. I might want to look back one day and be reminded. 

So ...

Today I laid out some of the pieces I have cut onto a piece of fabric. I may go with this, I may not. Not to worry, I have recorded it! 


No comments: