Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A Pig in Clover

Well, I made the decision to put the bright green background, I liked the way it changed the colours of the collage.

I put the head and body onto yet more adhesive interfacing and sewed over all the bits of fabric.

Then I pinned and sewed it to the background which had a layer of cotton batting under it and a calico backing. (I won't use calico again, it is rather boring even as a background.)

The pig was sewn onto the layers and I quilted a rough clover leaf pattern to hold it together.

The border is on, all I have to do now is put on a hanging sleeve - later.

Photos taken at different times of the day, mostly evenings, give very different images!

8 comments:

mycamerandme365 said...

What fun Mary! It just makes me smile :-)

Mary said...

Thanks, my sister finds it creepy!

mycamerandme365 said...

Really?

Mary said...

really!

theregatha said...

Oh dear, I think Pig is quite cute. I feel quite guilty about the pile of fabric scrapes I have just ditched in recycle bin though. I was at a loss to understand my dogged need to hold on to them and their usefulness and can now see they are very useful!

Mary said...

Yes, I know what you mean - I have a LOT of scraps. Now I tend to keep them all and it can get out of hand.
But this does use them up. All I have to do is find something to do with my Pig. Maybe give it to a young relative. I did the background bright in case I give it to a child.

Anonymous said...

Apparently Peppa Pig is a huge hit with young ones, so I'm sure some lucky child will love it.

Mary said...

Thanks. I hope I can find a good home for it.