Thursday, December 6, 2018

Travelling

Just noticed the date: 6/12/18. Couldn't pass up that opportunity!

I have been away, visiting friends overseas. It was really weird to have to think about what day it was, that I left here on October 31st, at about 10am and arrived, after a 16 hour flight, on October 31st at 7am. Before I left home! (Sort of.)
I have travelled overseas before, I think being more immediately in touch with home, and friends in other parts of North America, made me more immediately aware of time and weather differences this time.

Anyway, time zones and differing seasons aside, I had a lovely time.

I visited quite a few art museums and galleries. But there are only so many you can do, day after day. I started to forget what I had seen as I moved onto the next exhibition.

Some standouts for me were:
The Art Gallery at Vancouver. I saw the fabulous works of Guo Pei: Couture Beyond.






I did see some of the same pieces at the NGV last year but still loved the Vancouver exhibition.

We did go and see some rather spectacular places. The weather was kind to us and we had a great chance to see some of the spectacular totem poles.






No comments: