Saturday, November 21, 2015

Lots more patterns!

I am home again and have taken over 1300 photos!  Luckily for you, I am not going to post all of them.

But I will put up some of them. I was so taken by all the lines, curls, circles, etc. New York is soooo geometric. And so contained - by this I mean that there are a lot (!) of buildings, windows, doorways, etc. They make lines all around you.

So here are a few more pictures that I hope will inspire me to produce some work, sometime.
I loved the way the roots of the tree were moving along the spaces between the stones. 


This was a small design along the edge of a flower bed. Even the flower beds were very regulated, the bushes appeared to have been grown in pots till they were flowering and then planted in very regulated rows. Unfortunately, I didn't find them inspiring enough to take photos. 




 New York makes good use of all the space, so you are often under constructions, where there are yet more patterns and lines.




4 comments:

mycamerandme365 said...

Welcome home Mary! Lots of inspiration in this batch of photos and I look forward to seeing the next batch.

Mary said...

Thanks, there will be a few more batches!
I just need to get used to the time difference and start thinking again.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mary ..... Good to have you 'back' ! Looking forward to seeing you and hearing more at the guild. Pat

Mary said...

Thanks Pat, it is good to be back but I do miss being there too.