Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Waiting, waiting.

 I went out to the glasshouse this evening. The pot that I let simmer for a while yesterday has some colour in the water and the fabric. Not a lot but some. The plant-stuff has totally lost its colour. I threw that out. 


Then I looked at the pot that was simply soaking one piece of velvet silk - no colour in the water or fabric. So that one is now simmering - with all the fabrics from the other pot as well. The water is actually looking quite dark but I am not assuming that the fabric will take it up. 

The jar looked promising, colour in the water and the fabric appeared coloured. Not so! When I lifted the fabric out, it had taken no colour.




 I will leave it for a while, until we get some warm weather again (28° a few days ago, 13° today, as the high!!). It is not forecast for a few days yet but, seeing the weather has changed so dramatically in the last two weeks, I will not worry about it. It is only a small amount of fabric and I can leave it for months - especially if I forget about it. 

No comments: