Tuesday, November 22, 2022

22/11/22

 I went with a couple of friends to the Oak Hill Art Gallery in Mornington today. When we checked in, the volunteer on duty mentioned the date - how could I not post?? 

The exhibition was by the Victorian Feltmakers, their biennial exhibition. There was some amazing work - in fact, they were all beautiful, not something I often say about an exhibition. 



Several of the artists belong to the Alcove Art Shop, a group that I am associated with, so it was great to see works by people I know. 

It was also inspiring: I have done a little bit of felting in the past. Some had some slow stitching incorporated and others had some machine free motion embroidery. Something for me to think about over the coming summer months - if the summer weather ever eventuates. But there will be the summer holidays, no matter what the weather is doing, so I should have time to be experimenting. 

I may have to look out for some short courses, to revive my knowledge of felting. Something to think about. 

No comments: