Saturday, October 22, 2022

Embroiderers Guild exhibition 2022

The exhibition closes tomorrow. It has been lovely to be there and talk to so many people. I was supposed to be demonstrating Free Motion Embroidery today but my machine is refusing to pick up thread from the bobbin, so it is away for repairs. Not sure when I will get it back. 

I decided to demonstrate blackwork embroidery instead. I took along the piece I started a couple of months ago, for the exhibition. It is barely started!! But I was able to talk to people about how blackwork is done, I even had some samples to show. I also demonstrated what else we do at the guild - talk to each other!!

The exhibition finishes tomorrow and people will be coming to collect their works. I am very please to say that I won't be collecting two of mine as they have sold. Very pleased. 

My fabric collage piece, based on the many walks along the Yarra River during lockdown, sold today. I was greeted by this lovely news as I came in. 




I have just noticed the time - and date, of course. It is 10.10 pm, on the 22nd of the 10th month, of the 22nd year of this century. Of course, by the time I have written this, it is barely still 10.10 pm.

No comments: