Thursday, November 7, 2019

Trying another bowl

I thought I would have a go at another bowl.
It hasn't turned out that well, it is rather flimsy. It is probably because it is made of silk paper (fusion, as I have been finding it labelled).

But here it is anyway.

I drew my design on paper, using the cone shape I devised recently.

This time, I tried a different design for the image, based on some silver princess flowers I photographed.



Once again, I used soluble fabric to trace the design and to give added strength to the finished piece.

I rinsed off the soluble fabric and put it out to dry. I forgot that the it dulls the colours, so I will consider not using it at all next time, depending on the image I want to do, whether I can do it freehand.
I may have been better served to have ironed it a little before sewing it together, it is quite wrinkled. Something to try next time.

I am still struggling with how to make it stable. I have used the same circle around the base but I am not that happy with it. It will be ok in this instance as you could not possibly use the bowl for anything. But I may have a play around with other templates to see if I can work out how to have a more solid base.
There are plenty of templates around, I just have to adapt them to my silk paper and work out how to make it more solid.

Or maybe I should work on my previous bowl and see if I can design a better image for it.


No comments: