Sunday, November 17, 2019

Experimenting - maybe a bowl.

I found a site with a downloadable PDF that gave instructions for making a felt bowl using a variety of shapes.
It encouraged people to try their own designs. So here goes ...
It is coming up to Christmas. The Alcove Art Shop, of which I am a member, is having a Christmas exhibition. I have been playing around with silk paper. I have been playing around with bowls.
Today I played around with making an angel shaped bowl. I am not sure it is going to work but I have made 6 angels.

Having some left-over silk paper, I used a template I designed to make 6 little angels. I am not sure if they will make a bowl or not. If not, they may make small Christmas tree decorations.

It must be coming up to Christmas, our hydrangea is getting ready to flower!
Thank goodness we don't have Thanksgiving to cope with, it is enough to have morphed straight from Halloween (which is gaining traction here in Australia) to Christmas.

The first go was to try cutting some paper shapes to see if they would make a circle. Yes!



The next step is to make some of the angels. They are currently drying.

We used the oven for dinner, so one lot is in there as it cools down, hopefully drying and not cooking. (Impatient, me? Never!!)
Just out of the oven! Not quite dry.
I realised that it would be much easier to do three at once rather than individual ones as above.  Learning as I go.

Once they are ready, I will see if they can connect and what size circle will be needed to be the base of the bowl.
That may happen this evening or it might be tomorrow's adventure.

No comments: