Saturday, November 16, 2019

And another bowl

I am not sure why bowls are my thing at the moment but they are.
Today I tried another template. It was actually for paper people and had a little bit that could be glued onto the different pieces of the bowl.
I thought I wouldn't need it so cut them off my template.

I sewed my design. It is based on the Silver Princess but I decided that being precise was beyond me, especially given the size of the bowl.

I used some silk paper that I had made some time ago. (In the mists of time! I need to make some more.)

I drew part of the design and then transferred it to soluble fabric. I am only using one side of the silk paper with soluble. I have found that it changes the colour of the silk paper and wanted to minimise that.



I didn't cut out the pieces in between the sides of the bowl when I finished sewing but decided that  I really needed to.
I was feeling impatient so put it in the oven while it was heating up for dinner! Seems to have worked.

It is not a very big bowl. Because I decided not to use the flaps it is only sewn up on the sides partway. But that gives it the chance to open out a bit, which I think was a necessary design decision.

It is really quite small, so I am not sure what it could be used for, apart from simply being decoration.
Next time, I would sew more on the base to make it more substantial.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

The base of the bowl was a little soft so I have painted one some Paverpol to make it harder. It is a bit shiny but I think I can live with that.