Thursday, October 10, 2019

Demonstration piece

As I mentioned earlier, I was demonstrating at the guild today.
I thought I would combine two recent ideas: the thread bowl and the silk paper.
This is the thread bowl on the soluble fabric, I don't seem to have a photo of it put together. 

I copied the template for the thread bowl onto some soluble fabric and laid it over a piece of silk paper that I had. It just fit.

I finished the sewing while demonstrating - and talking a lot with the many visitors.

After I got home, I cut it out around the edges, put it in water and dissolved the soluble fabric. It provided some extra stiffness to the bowl.

The template depends on the edge of one section being sewn to the edge of the next piece. So I cut out the piece of silk paper that would have stopped it meeting properly and now I have another bowl.
The silk paper shines beautifully in the light


I seem to do a lot of my work at night. I will ry to take a photo during daylight and see how that looks. But I am happy with the result so far.

No comments: