Sunday, September 29, 2019

Getting ready for an exhibition

29/9/19.
Today was the day for handing in works for The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria's annual members' exhibition.

I am on the exhibition committee so was privileged to be able to see many of the works as they were handed in. One of the huge advantages of this is that you get to hear the stories about the making of the pieces, as well as admire the works, of course.

It is also eye-opening to see the variety of techniques that people use. And the high quality too. It is a little daunting to see how wonderful some of the entries are. But then I think that it is also encouraging for new and prospective members to see the range of designs, techniques and that not all the works are of equal quality  - and no-one cares. It is just a great chance to work to a theme and deadline and to have your work displayed.

The are over 160 entries this year. We are going to spend the rest of the week hanging it, ready for the opening night on Friday.
The exhibition opens to the public on Saturday.

I have said I will be one of the demonstrators on Sunday, I'll have to come up with something to be working on! I have finished my latest ones so I could put them in the exhibition.

Something to think about tomorrow.


No comments: