Monday, September 9, 2019

Inspiration

Thanks goodness for interesting dates! Otherwise, I might not post at all.
9/9/19.

So ... what have I been doing?
I have just finished a piece for a group that has the theme Mood. I didn't really know what to do. I had done a piece that was about struggling with life and seeing some way through the difficult times. I called it Light at the End of the Tunnel.

Then I thought I would do a more positive one. I looked up labyrinth image and came across a few that were interesting. I adapted one to use and have made a piece that is quite textured. I like texture - in case you hadn't noticed.

You have to follow the coloured path, not between the pieces, to get in and out. Most labyrinth patterns use the pattern to walk between, as in hedges, but this one you use the textured parts to run your finger over it and that takes you in and out.

Then I found one that I had a really strong reaction to - it was an enclosed maze. It made me feel very stressed!! No way out. Endless circling.

I may use it in a future work, or I may not. I will see how the Mood takes me.

No comments: