Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Another month gone by!

 It being the 23rd day of the month, in the 23rd year of the century, I thought I should post.

I have done some sewing for the Reflections theme - just have to cut it evenly and decide how to finish it off and, possibly, mount it.


The image in silhouette is from 123RF, a site where you can purchase some images to use. Copyright here.

Then I decided that I really need to be doing some other creative thing: I have put in an entry form for 3 small tapestries for the Bendigo Wool Show. I have done two of them so far (here and here). I thought that I might inspire myself to actually do something if I said I'd do three. 

I have warped up the loom - didn't tangle any of the warps, for a change. When I had put in the floor and the waste yarn, I realised that I had not made it 20cm wide (which is the size of the other two). It is only 16cm wide. I am NOT going to undo the warp!!!


I have changed the design a bit, so it fits the new size. It is a very basic design that I can work on as I weave. I did this with the last two pieces. I have started by using leftover wool from the previous piece. I am going to try to use leftovers from both tapestries. 


My vague idea is to, once again, use yellow as my starting point. This time I am thinking to look at yellow as a cool and a warm colour, influenced by the colours around it. Here's hoping the idea works - and I get some lovely meditative time weaving. 

I have looked at some of the leaves in the garden, changing colour because it is autumn, and feel a bit inspired by the warm and cool variations. 











No comments: