Monday, August 22, 2022

Finished!!

 I have taken several rows off the log cabin quilt, removed the batting, which was only pinned, and hand sewn the backing fabric on. 

It now fits the couch/bed - hooray!! And it weighs a lot less too.

                                       

Of course, there are 51 blocks that I have removed. Plus some extras that didn’t make it into the quilt.  

                                       

That might be enough for a whole new quilt!! 

Or a lot of cushions. 

So far, I have not sewn the quilt top and the backing together. There’s no middle layer that might need to be secured. If I find it needs quilting, I’ll consider that in the future. 

I am just pleased that it is now out of the ‘waiting to be finished’ cupboard! (AKA: WIPs or UFOs.)

And, of course, today is ... 22/8/22.





No comments: