Sunday, January 30, 2022

Miniature

 I finally got back to the sewing machine today. I was inspired by a call for entries for Petite textiles at Wangaratta. 

I am also influenced by having visited Como House when they had the Doll House collection exhibition. I think it finished this week. 

So today I worked out a method that might work. 

I found some photos that I thought I could use. Then I drew the basic shapes using Inktense pencils. I probably didn't need to do that as I then covered the piece with other pieces of fabric. But it gave me the general idea of the image. 

I ironed the background onto some adhesive interfacing, then put Vleisofix on the front and put the tiny pieces of fabric on. (I had collected some pieces of organza that had been being thrown out when I was at Ballarat last year, from the Bojagi class). 

The size is about 6.5cm which is tiny. But it is probably still too big for a doll house. However, I have worked out how to do it - and I didn't need a hoop! The interfacing was stable enough. 


Even though it is small, I need to keep working on how to reduce the size. Maybe I will try thinner cottons next time. But I am pleased that I tried. Maybe something will come of it. 

Now to work out how to frame it. 

No comments: