Thursday, August 20, 2020

Try again

 Well, the quilt top wasn't what was wanted! It is a bit too strong for a baby. 

I did try laying it out differently, in diagonal lines and it looks quite good. I forgot to take a picture though. I may make it bigger, once I have the baby quilt out of the way, and keep it for myself or a family member who might like to take it to the football, if we ever get to go again. We go to the MCC, which regularly has large crowds, not sure that will happen in the near future. Not that the football season will go there this year. Hopefully, by March, we will be able to have some matches here in Victoria. But some of our matches have 80,000 people, which suggests that social distancing will be a problem. Wait and see. 

But for now, back to the drawing board. I got out some of my fabrics that have motifs that might do for a baby and started working on another idea. I found some free baby quilt patterns here

Unfortunately, I don't have much suitable fabric left from my quilting days. I found some bright dinosaur fabric and tried that but cut it the wrong size and used up too much of the fabric - aargh! 

I tried it with several different iterations but none work. And it is still rather strong colour-wise. 


So I'll have another go at a much more muted one later. Seeing it is a boy and seeing I have quite a lot of blues, I will go down the boring colour theme. Probably. 

I am really only posting because of the date: 20/08/20. 

No comments: