Thursday, August 13, 2020

Still going

 I noticed the date today and thought: I should have blogged yesterday - 12/8/20. But I have just looked up the world clock and it is still the 12th somewhere in the world. 

We have moved on to working with coloured threads for our blackwork. 

I am feeling ambitious with this as we can use a solid colour or variegated and we have also been asked to do some with deliberate colour changes (as opposed to random variegated). But I will try to get the minimum done before I launch off into trialling lots of permutations. 

As you can see, the different textures of the various threads cause different effects. The pink is a soft Anchor thread, maybe a bit thicker than I would like. 

The grey is DMC Perle 12 and worked the best so far. It has a lovely sheen. 

The purple is Wonderfill Spaghetti yarn, Egyptian cotton. I bought it to use in the bobbin of my sewing machine. It is too thick for the needle at the top. It is an ok thickness for the blackwork but tends to get fuzzy, especially when you have to pull it out, as I frequently do. 

The sitting still is continuing to cause me some back and neck problems but I am being more aware of it now and trying to only do a little bit at a time.

I have even enrolled for an online Zoom dance class for 55+ people. It started with people from all over the east coast but now seems to only have Melbourne people in it at the moment (I wonder why??). It is a way to get moving without using up your hour of outdoor activity. I can still go for a walk later, weather permitting (it has been lovely so far but some rain is forecast and I can't complain, we don't want another drought and/or huge bushfire season). 


No comments: