Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A new day, a new year, a new decade.

I was told that there might not be so many interesting dates this year, so I had better get a post done today: 01012020 is ok: 01/01/2020.

So here I am not that many hours later - and I have just realised that it is well into the new year here, mid afternoon in fact, but that my friend in New York is still in 2019!

We decided to go for a walk seeing it is a lovely summer's day here - we are well away from all the fires, thank goodness. It is sunny and warm in the sun but there is a lovely cool breeze.

As you can see, we were near the Fairfield Boathouse, lots of people out boating.



We even used the new footbridge across the river at the Chandler Highway. It had rather interesting construction beneath it - and a LOT of steps to get to the bridge so we could cross the river. 

 
Below is part of the paper mills that is being built into a huge housing development, a small suburb really. I thought it might be going to be pulled down but there were objections because of its historical significance, it is some sort of special building. I think it may be the first curtain wall in Victoria - but don't quote me on that, I am not even sure what a curtain wall is. 

So, a new adventure for me on the first day of the new year. Not hugely adventurous, it is rather close to home, but it was like being overseas and just wandering, see what we might come across. Very relaxing. 

No comments: