Sunday, September 3, 2023

The value of keeping records.

 I was looking for some information about doing an animal image today and remembered that I had done a few experiments on it in the past. I couldn't find any links that I had saved in my folders, then remembered this blog and how I think of it as a visual diary. 

Lo and behold: I found the relevant pages: here and here (I note that it was in the pre-Covid, more creative times).

So now I am going to try to be a bit more updated and post what I am doing. 

It has been bit of a struggle to be creative these last few months but I have persevered and managed some things. 

My most recent thing is to have done a wall hanging quilt for an upcoming exhibition. I just have to decide which exhibition to put it in. 

It was designed for the AQIPP exhibition that is coming up, the theme being Unfolding. I have made my image based on flowers unfolding from the buds. 


I also came across an old piece I did a few years ago, a folded book, done in fabric. I rather like it and may try to make a slightly bigger one (to fit the size requirements) but there isn't a lot of time left, so I will see what eventuates, try not to stress myself. 

It is actually good that I have kept the blog - I couldn't remember how I had done it - now I can see what I did!

No comments: