Friday, June 30, 2023

Something slightly different

 I have been thinking about Notan Art recently and came across a couple of items on Pinterest that had it combined with doodling/Zentangles. So I thought I would give it a go. 

I only used an A5 pad, quite small pieces of paper. So far, I have done a few. As I usually do some of the doodling in bed, just before I go to sleep, I had to prepare the black paper cutout prior to going to bed. That meant it took much less time to do the actual doodling. I'm not sure if I like that or not, I seem to get one piece done each night. Usually I take two or three nights to get one image done, although I usually use a bigger size paper. 

However, I will persevere for a while, see how it goes. It isn't for any purpose other than to calm my mind before I go to sleep, so I don't need to stress about it. As you might notice, the doodling isn't all perfect - doing it in bed, especially if I am very tired, will do that. 






This is more my usual style, just drawing random lines and then filling in the spaces, 

No comments: