Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Cheating a Little

 I am hoping that this post will go online at 2am (I have tried for 2.22am, will see how that goes) on 22/2/2022. So, obviously, I am doing it beforehand. I am most definitely not going to get up at 2am to post it, much too early in the day. 

I have done another small free motion machine sewn fabric collage. It is still too big for a doll's house, well, one that is the usual proportions but I am finding out what I can do and what I can't. 

I actually did a bit of collage with tiny strips today, to try to get different greens and blues, not such pure colour as I had previously. I am still using the leftover silk organza from the bogaji class. It should last me into the next century - maybe even till 3/3/33 (not that I will last that long!).


The piece is based on a photo of the Yarra River at Warburton, taken last year during a break between lockdowns. Or maybe it was the year before. I have lost a sense of when I did what over the last couple of years. As have many others I know. 

I laid out some fabric, decided that it was so small and fiddly that I had to put Vleisofix on the back so I could make it stay, then laid it out again. Then I did some free motion sewing. 




I think I prefer the image before I put the final touches on - too late now, those final touches are on. 



No comments: