Saturday, May 30, 2015

Good news or not?

Last Wednesday, one of my regular fabric haunts opened after moving MUCH closer to my home! I'm not sure yet if this is good or bad news.

It is only a 5 minute drive - I could actually walk it if I really wanted to, and had a few hours to spare.

The old building is being pulled down to build yet more apartments in Brunswick. Brunswick's loss, Fairfield's gain.
The space is huge and pristine with walls of wonderfully arranged fabric.  It is mostly a dance and quilting fabric shop, so each side has its own rainbow.


As I am trying to downsize my stash, I enjoyed the view but didn't buy any fabric - yet. I can see some quilting popping up in my near future.

On the way in, I met a lady from the North of the Yarra Quilters' Guild. She was also excited about the relocation.

The shop, GJs Fabric shop, is set amongst a whole lot of factories and doesn't seem that likely a setting for a fabric shop. But it is close to home and has plenty of parking, what more could you want.

No comments: