Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dyeing Time

The pressure is on - the mulberries are ripe and they don't last long, only a couple of weeks.  They have already been ripening for a week or so. Fortunately, they are delicious.

Some are falling to the ground and I am feeling the need to pick them up and put them aside for dyeing.


Actually, I went out today, after days of procrastinating, and there weren't that many on the ground. The birds and insects have done well. I collected some but they are in the freezer at present while I decide if I can be bothered collecting more. There were quite a few ready to pick from the tree, they are being eaten, not used for dyeing.

The glasshouse has been fixed - but now it is being used for its original purpose so I am having to mark out my territory.

To add to all the dyeing thoughts, the hollyhock is in flower again.  It doesn't seem all that long ago that it stopped flowering.  There aren't many at present but that will change.

So thoughts will have to return to dyeing - then to what to do with all that fabric.  That is one challenge I haven't met yet.

No comments: