Sunday, November 4, 2012

Printing with lino cut designs

I saw that Dijane Cevaal was offering an online lino cutting course and decided that I would like to have a go at that.  I saw other students who did first year drawing playing around with all sorts of ways to make marks and was jealous that when I had done first year drawing we hadn't done that - that is one of the problems with part-time study, you get to see the course changes and wish you could do some subjects repeatedly.
So when I saw this offered I decided to take it on - not that I don't have plenty of other things to be working on but you must seize the day, as they say.
I have been feeling a bit stressed by it as we get our lesson every 2 weeks and I have had mine for a week and a half now - thank goodness for this (unofficial) long weekend.

So here are the results of our first lesson.
Texture sampler, the lino cut.



I tried to make orange but it came out a bit too red, with streaks.  Of course that was a design feature, not a mistake!

2 comments:

Glennis said...

Wow Mary, they look fantastic.
Looks like you had fun.yto

Mary said...

Thanks Glennis, I did enjoy it - once I had found everything I needed and got set up. Now all I have to do is think about what I might use the fabric for - waste not, want not,