Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nuno Felting workshop - day one

I attended a two day felting workshop this weekend.  It was taught by Phyllis Hoffman and organised through the Victorian Feltmakers.  I am rather tired after two days of laying out and rolling felt.

On the first day I made two samples after seeing some of Phyliss' fabulous samples.  It was a very relaxed class, Phyliss gave us some freedom in our work but was able to give me direction as I have not had all that much experience with feltmaking, and none with nuno felting.
On Saturday, I worked with cotton muslin.  It took quite a bit of rolling to make the felt attach properly but had some beautiful texture when finished.
I was not sure how much it would shrink, what it would look like when finished.  A whole new learning experience for me - both days.

One of my samples was inspired by the work I am doing for my course, you will notice the vine theme again.



Some of the ladies had attended other workshops run by Phyllis and had a very clear idea of what they would like to do.  Phyllis remembered them, what they had done previously and was able to give them exactly the advice they needed.  They produced some spectacular work.

No comments: