Thursday, March 25, 2010

dusk at Darebin Parkland

This evening we went to Darebin Parklands for a walk.  There was a smoke haze as there is burning off in nearby areas in preparation for next summer.  Yes, it does seem early to be getting ready for next summer but there is not a lot of opportunity to burn off the undergrowth once winter comes.
I took my camera and got some shots of the sunset and the hazy view of the city.







We walked around for about an hour and by then the sun was down and the moon was up.  The only annoying thing was the mosquitos.  It was pleasantly warm, fruit bats were flying overhead and it was very peaceful.


2 comments:

parlance said...

That last one, of the moon, is lovely.

Mary said...

Thanks Parlance,
I was actually a bit surprised that it came out, it was quite dark and I didn't have a tripod. So I am quite pleased with it.